Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4409.AM:  Zion Lutheran Church (Wisner, Neb.)



Records:  1882-1970

Wisner, Cuming County, Neb.:  Lutheran Church

Size:  1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm



BACKGROUND NOTE



This church was organized in Bismarck Township of Cuming County in June of 1882 as the German Evangelical Lutheran Zion Congregation. On January 13, 1957, the articles of incorporation were amended and its name changed to Zion Lutheran Church. The congregation was affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. On April 13, 1969, this congregation and that of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Beemer voted to become one congregation.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



The records of the Zion Lutheran Church of Wisner, Nebraska, consist of one volume on one reel of microfilm. This volume, dating from 1882-1970, contains the articles of incorporation adopted in 1882 as well as the register of baptisms, confirmation, communicants, marriages, and deaths beginning in 1888. At the end of this volume is a brief chronicle of events in the history of the congregation. The records were written in the German language until the 1920s when English began to be used.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. 1882-1970



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Cuming County (Neb.) — Churches

Germans in Nebraska

Lutheran Church in Nebraska

Wisner (Neb.) — Churches

Zion Lutheran Church (Wisner, Neb.)



 



Revised 09-15-2008   TMM