NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3506.AM: University Place Bird Club (Lincoln, Neb.)
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.: Bird watching club
Size: 0.5 cu.ft.; 1 box
The University Place Bird Club, organized on July 22, 1938, was known as the Wesleyan Bird Club until February 25, 1943. The Club, an affiliate of the Nebraska Ornithologists’ Union, participated in the annual Christmas bird count sponsored by the National Audubon Society.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of one box containing official records of the University Place Bird Club of Lincoln, Nebraska. The collection includes minute books, 1938-1972; correspondence, December 18, 1946-January 26, 1948 and undated; bird lists, 1943 and undated; and records of the Lincoln Bird Club, 1945-1946. The minute books give a full account of the birds sighted by members and of the content of the program given at each meeting.
- Minute book, 1938-1948; includes dues and membership lists
- Minute book, 1952-1967; includes Christmas bird counts for 1952 and 1954
- Minute book, 1967-1972; includes programs of meetings, newspaper clippings, correspondence and bank statements
- Correspondence relating to Bird Club activities, 1946-1948, n.d.
- Bird counts of the University Place Bird Club, 1943-1968, n.d.
- Lincoln Bird Club, minutes and membership lists, 1945-1946
Birds — Nebraska
Lincoln Bird Club (Lincoln, Neb.)
Nebraska Ornithologists’ Union
University Place Bird Club (Lincoln, Neb.)
Wesleyan Bird Club (Lincoln, Neb.)
Revised 07-23-2008 TMM