NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG4103.AM: Trinity Lutheran Church (Wilber, Neb.)
Wilber, Saline County, Neb.: Lutheran church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
This congregation in Saline County was founded in 1874 as the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Clatonia Creek, Nebraska. Later the name was changed to Trinity Lutheran Church of Wilber, Nebraska. It was disbanded in 1952.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of one reel of microfilm containing five volumes of records of the Trinity Lutheran Church (Wilber, Neb.). The records are arranged in two series: 1) Membership Record Book, 1882-1953; and 2) Minutes Record Book, 1875-1952. A history of the congregation is found on page 305 of the Membership Record Book. The records were kept in the German language until the mid-1930s.
Note: This reel was obtained from the Archives of the American Lutheran Church in Dubuque, Iowa, in June of 1982. It is not available for interlibrary loan.
Series 1 – Membership Record Book, 1882-1953
Series 2 – Minutes Record Book, 1875-1952
- 1875-1879 (English translation)
Evangelical Lutheran Church (Clatonia Creek, Neb.)
Germans in Nebraska
Lutheran Church in Nebraska
Saline County (Neb.) — Churches
Trinity Lutheran Church (Wilber, Neb.)
Wilber (Neb.) — Churches
Revised 07-06-2009 TMM