NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3225.AM: St. Paul’s United Church of Christ (Jansen, Neb.)
Jansen, Jefferson County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 2 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, located northeast of Jansen, Nebraska, was organized by Rev. P. Tester on September 4, 1882. Commonly known as the Cub Creek Church, the body originally had fifteen members who were German immigrants. The first church building was built on a five acre plot of land donated by one of the original members of the congregation, George Fillmore. This early structure also served the dual purpose of a parsonage. In 1900, under the leadership of Rev. W. Fisher, the present edifice was constructed and the earlier church building was converted to a parsonage. A new parsonage was constructed after a fire destroyed the old one in 1916. The present church building was remodeled and a wing added in 1956.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of two volumes of records of the St. Paul’s United Church of Christ of Jansen, Nebraska, on one reel of microfilm. These records relate to the church activities dating from 1882-1971. The two volumes consist of Church Registers which include records of baptisms, marriages, confirmants, communications, deaths, collections, church history, etc. These records were loaned for microfilming in November of 1971.
- Church Register, 1882-1934
- Church Register, 1907-1971
Cub Creek Church (Jansen, Neb.)
Germans in Nebraska
Jansen (Neb.) — Churches
Jefferson County (Neb.) — Churches
St. Paul’s United Church of Christ (Jansen, Neb.)
United Churches of Christ in Nebraska
Revised 12-08-2008 TMM