NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG4410.AM: St. John’s Lutheran Church (Rural) (Beemer, Neb.)
Beemer, Cuming County, Neb.: Lutheran Church
Size: 2 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
St. John’s Lutheran Church was organized in 1876 by a group of German settlers in Bismarck Precinct of rural Cuming County, Nebraska. A few years later, the town of Beemer was platted nearby. St. John’s affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. On April 13, 1969, this congregation and that of the Zion Lutheran Church in Wisner voted to become one congregation.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The records of the St. John’s Lutheran Church (Rural) of Beemer, Nebraska, consist of two volumes on one reel of microfilm. The records date from 1876-1970. Both volumes contain the records of baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, and deaths. The second volume also contains a copy of the constitution of the congregation, a list of members, and a brief chronicle of the churchs history. The entries were made in the German language until the 1920s when the use of English began.
Beemer (Neb.) — Churches
Cuming County (Neb.) — Churches
Germans in Nebraska
Lutheran Church in Nebraska
St. John’s Lutheran Church (Rural) (Beemer, Neb.)
Revised 09-15-2008 TMM