Select Page

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG1551.AM:  St. John’s Catholic Church (Hubbard, Nebraska)



Records:  1886-1978

Hubbard, Dakota County, Nebraska

Size:  Two volumes on one reel of microfilm



BACKGROUND NOTE



On February 1, 1878, land owned by Thomas W. Farley was conveyed to Rev. James O’Conner so that a Catholic Church could be erected. A second church site was established in 1887. The church was dedicated to St. John the Evangelist. It was served by Jackson priests until 1907 when it became an independent parish with resident pastors. Its first resident priest was Father John Lawless.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one microfilm reel containing two church registers dated 1886-1978. Volume one is a register of Baptisms, 1886-1959. An alphabetical index appears in the front of the volume. Volume two is a record of Deaths, 1888-1978, which provides information about the individual’s burial location, death date, cause of death, and age. Because the microfilm is in negative form, many of the pages are difficult to read.



INVENTORY



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Baptisms, 1886-1959

  2. Deaths, 1888-1978



 



Subject headings:



Catholic Church — Nebraska

Dakota County (Nebraska) — Churches

Hubbard (Nebraska) — Churches

St. John’s Catholic Church (Hubbard, Nebraska)



 



AIP\ksa                   04-1993

Revised TMM        03-12-2007



 



Accession Number:  1992.170