Select Page

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG0831.AM:  Southern Nebraska Schoolmen’s Club



Manuscript:  1933

Nuckolls, Fillmore, Taylor, and Clay Counties, Nebraska: Educational organization

Size:  One item



BACKGROUND NOTE



The Southern Nebraska Schoolmen’s Club was organized in the fall of 1923 as an informal gathering of school superintendents, and principals from Nuckolls, Fillmore, Thayer, and Clay Counties. At first, the group was known as the Western Nebraska School Men’s Association. During the second year it was called the Four County Men’s Association. In 1925, it adopted the name of the Southern Nebraska Schoolmen’s Club, a name it maintained during the 1930s.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one manuscript item from 1933. The manuscript, titled “A Short History of the Southern Nebraska Schoolmen’s Club,” was written by Howard W. Hamilton, principal of Geneva High School. The manuscript traces the history of the club and provides membership names, descriptions of activities, and information on topics discussed.



INVENTORY



Manuscript, “A Short History of the Southern Nebraska Schoolmen’s Club,” 1933



 



Subject headings:



Clay County (Nebraska) — History

Education — Nebraska

Fillmore County (Nebraska) — History

Four County Men’s Association

Hamilton, Howard W., 1907-1991

Nuckolls County (Nebraska) — History

Schools — Nebraska

Thayer County (Nebraska) — History

Western Nebraska School Men’s Association



 



Revised TMM       12-22-2006