Select Page

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG6176.AM:  Second Baptist Church (Lincoln, Neb.)



Programs, etc.: 1916-1963

Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska

Size:  One folder



BACKGROUND NOTE



Organized in 1890 as the East Lincoln Baptist Church, the congregation voted to change the name of the church in 1922 to Second Baptist Church.  First located on the southwest corner of 26th and Vine Streets, the original church building was sold in 1907, and a new building built on the corner of 28th and “S” Streets.  By the late 1950s, the congregation had increased to the point that they needed a new building.  They built the next (and current) church building at 58th Street and Gillan Road.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one folder of miscellaneous programs and ephemera relating to the Second Baptist Church of Lincoln, Nebraska.  The items in the collection date from 1916 to 1963.



INVENTORY



Second Baptist Church programs and ephemera



 



Subject headings:



Baptist Church in Nebraska

Churches — Nebraska — Lincoln

East Lincoln Baptist Church (Lincoln, Neb.)

Second Baptist Church (Lincoln, Neb.)



 



TMM     12-14-2020