Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4084.AM:  Salem Baptist Church (Giltner, Neb.)



Records:  1875-1899

Giltner, Hamilton County, Neb.:  Baptist Church

Size:  1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm



BACKGROUND NOTE



Salem Baptist Church was organized in 1875 in the Giltner Community in southern Hamilton County. Meetings were first held in the Pratt School house and then in the Lyon School house. In 1878 a church building was dedicated. It had been built in Sec. 34, T9 R8W of Hamilton County on land donated for that purpose to the Grand Island Baptist Association by Cleon Gould. In the 1920s the buildings were torn down and the land reverted to Mr. Gould’s heirs.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one volume of church minutes of the Salem Baptist Church of Giltner, Nebraska, on one reel of microfilm. The volume contains minutes of the meetings of the congregation and trustees and one list of members. The records date from 1875-1899. This volume was loaned for microfilming in March of 1982.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Minutes, 1875-1899



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Baptist Church in Nebraska

Giltner (Neb.) — Churches

Hamilton County (Neb.) — Churches

Salem Baptist Church (Giltner, Neb.)



 



Revised 10-28-2008   TMM