Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG3054.AM:  Presbyterian Church (Palmyra, Neb.)



Records:  1875-1968

Palmyra, Otoe County, Neb.:  Presbyterian church

Size:  1 reel of microfilm



HISTORICAL NOTE



The Presbyterian Church of Palmyra, Nebraska, traces its origins back to a Congregational Church founded in that township by Rev. O.P. Merrill. The church building was constructed in 1872. In 1875 N.C. Robinson, district missionary, directed the organization of the Presbyterian Church of Palmyra. The church building was released to the congregation in 1876. The congregation signed Articles of Incorporation on March 16, 1953.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one reel of microfilm containing two volumes of church records. The material in this collection relates to the activities of the Presbyterian Church of Palmyra, Nebraska. The minutes of the organizational meeting in 1875, records and minutes from 1904 to 1968 are included in the collection. Lists of members and baptisms, treasurers’ reports, marriage and death certificates are also contained in the collection.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Minutes of session meetings, 1875, 1904-1946

    Annual Reports, 1906-1946

    Membership Rolls

    Marriages

    Deaths

  2. Minutes of session and annual meetings, 1947-1968

    Membership rolls

    Baptisms



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Otoe County (Neb.) — Churches

Palmyra (Neb.) — Churches

Presbyterian Church in Nebraska

Presbyterian Church (Palmyra, Neb.)



 



Revised 06-12-2009   TMM