Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG3119.AM:  Plymouth Congregational Church (Scottsbluff, Neb.)



Scrapbooks:  1926-1970

Scottsbluff, Scotts Bluff County, Neb.:  United Church of Christ

Size:  2 reels of microfilm



HISTORICAL NOTE



This church was formally organized on May 23, 1926, as the Community Congregational Church of Scottsbluff, Nebraska, and the congregation purchased the old Presbyterian Church building which had been erected in 1901 at 1st and 16th Streets. The church was recognized by and received into the Northwestern Association of Congregational Churches in Nebraska on June 14, 1926. The first pastor, the Rev. P.J. Thiel, assumed his duties in November 1926. The congregation built a new church building which was dedicated on November 22, 1959. In 1961 it joined the United Church of Christ, a union of Congregational Churches with the Evangelical and Reformed Church.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection of the records of the Plymouth Congregational Church of Scottsbluff, Nebraska, 1926-1970, consists of six scrapbooks arranged on two reels of microfilm. Each scrapbook contains church bulletins, annual reports of the congregation, reports from church organizations, programs, photographs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence.



The collection was loaned for microfilming on September 26, 1972.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Scrapbook, 1926-1951

  2. Scrapbook, 1951-1954

  3. Scrapbook, 1955-1957

  4. Scrapbook, 1958-1960

  5. Scrapbook, 1961-1967



Reel 2

Volume




  1. Scrapbook, 1961-1967 (cont.)

  2. Scrapbook, 1968-1970



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Community Congregational Church (Scottsbluff, Neb.)

Congregational Church in Nebraska

Plymouth Congregational Church (Scottsbluff, Neb.)

Scotts Bluff County (Neb.) — Churches

Scottsbluff (Neb.) — Churches

United Church of Christ in Nebraska



 



Revised 07-27-2009   TMM