Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4174.AM:  Methodist Episcopal Church (Grafton, Neb.)



Records:  1884-1907

Grafton, Fillmore County, Neb.:  Methodist Episcopal Church

Size:  1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm



BACKGROUND NOTE



Late in the 1870s, a Rev. Mr. Chapin came to Grafton and held meetings which resulted in the conversion of about forty people. A Methodist congregation was formed, and a church building completed in the early 1880s. About 1910 the Methodist organization was disbanded because of loss of members. The building was purchased in 1921 by the Congregational Ladies’ Aid Society.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection of records of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Grafton, Nebraska, consists of one volume on one reel of microfilm. The Record Book contains lists of members, baptisms, and marriages and dates from 1884-1907. The book was loaned for microfilming in April of 1982.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Record Book, 1884-1907



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Fillmore County (Neb.) — Churches

Grafton (Neb.) — Churches

Methodist Episcopal Church (Grafton, Neb.)

Methodist Episcopal Church in Nebraska



 



Revised 09-27-2008   TMM