Select Page

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG1610.AM:  Lincoln Primary Flying School (Lincoln, Nebraska)



Research files:  1938-1993

Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska

Size: 0.25 cu.ft.; 1 box



BACKGROUND NOTE



Mr. E.J. Sias purchased the Lincoln Standard Aircraft Corp. in 1925 and started the Lincoln Primary Flying School.  On July 1, 1939 the school became one of the nine original civilian contract schools selected by the Army Air Corps to give primary flying training to Army Flying Cadets.  From 1920 to 1937, the Lincoln school and its two predecessors, Nebraska Aircraft Corporation and Lincoln Standard Aircraft Corporation, turned out over 5,000 pilots and mechanics.



Note:  For additional background information, see the publication Wings Over Nebraska: Historic Aviation Photographs by Vince Goeres; with Kylie Kinley and introduction by Roger Welsch.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



The collection consists of one box containing research materials relating to the Army Air Corps’ primary flying school in Lincoln, Nebraska.  Much of the material was compiled for articles published in the American Aviation Historical Society’s AAHS Journal.  Included in the collection are copies of articles, newspaper clippings, photographs, etc.  The materials date from 1938 to 1993.



INVENTORY



Box 1

Folder




  1. Research materials, articles, etc.

  2. Research materials, articles, etc.

  3. Research materials, articles, etc.

  4. Research materials, articles, etc.



 



Subject headings:



Aeronautics — Nebraska

Flying School Class 40-A Association

Lincoln Primary Flying School (Lincoln, Nebraska)

Schirmer, Robert F.

Sias, Ernest J., 1877-1955



 



Revised TMM        08-13-2018