Select Page

HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG1475.AM:  Lincoln Airplane and Flying School (Lincoln, Nebraska)



Records:  1934-1944; 1977-1979

Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska:

Size:  0.25 cu.ft.; 1 box



BACKGROUND NOTE



In the early 1920s, Ed Sias operated the Lincoln Auto and Tractor School at 24th & O Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, in the same building that housed the Lincoln Standard Aircraft Company.  By 1929, Sias had changed the name to Lincoln Auto and Airplane School.  The next year it became known as the Lincoln Airplane and Flying School.  The Lincoln Airplane and Flying School was always separate from the Lincoln Standard Aircraft Company, operated by Ray Page.  The Lincoln Airplane and Flying School closed down sometime after World War II, but by 1950, the Lincoln Aeronautical Institute was in operation.  It lasted into the mid-1980s.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one folder of materials relating to the Lincoln Airplane and Flying School.  Included are correspondence, newsletters and publications, lesson guides, ephemera, newspaper and magazine articles, and other historical information.  The bulk of the collection dates from 1934 to 1944, with some later research done in the late 1970s.



INVENTORY



Box 1 – Misc. materials relating to the Lincoln Airplane and Flying School



 



Subject headings:



Aeronautics — Nebraska

Aeronautics — Study and teaching

Lincoln Aeronautical Institute (Lincoln, Nebraska)

Lincoln Airplane and Flying School (Lincoln, Nebraska)

Sias, Ernest J., 1877-1955



 



Revised TMM      02-14-2020; 03-14-2022