Woman wearing a dress made from Evening World-Herald, an Omaha newspaper, June 1928. [RG3882.PH0045-0126]
Microfilm Loans for Researchers
Four reels of film may be borrowed for four weeks through your local library or participating LDS Family History Center.
Borrowed film may be used only in the borrowing library.
One-week renewal requests must be made before original due date.
- Newspapers microfilmed by History Nebraska
- Most microfilmed manuscript collections
- Most microfilmed books and academic monographs
- Some microfilmed government records
- Some microfilmed photo collections
Materials NOT available:
- Newspaper microfilm purchased by History Nebraska from commercial vendors including the Nebraska State Journal, the Lincoln Journal, the Lincoln Star and the Omaha World-Herald** Call the inter-library loan (ILL) representative at (402) 471-4751 or email email@example.com to determine newspapers affected.
- Frequently used public records such as census, naturalization, marriage and land tract books
- Restricted manuscripts or public records
- Materials not on microfilm (books, maps, periodicals, manuscripts, government records).
**NOTE: Omaha World Herald Evening, 1885-1889 and Omaha World Herald Morning, 1889-1927 are available thanks to a donation of duplicate microfilm. Contact ILL representative as listed above for detailed information (number of rolls per year, etc).
- Loan fees must accompany the request
- 4 reels per patron
- 4 weeks from the shipping date
- 1 week renewal only if requested by the borrowing library before the original due date
Microfilming at NSHS, 1952 [RG0014.PH000140-000008]
Information For Libraries
Borrowing Library Responsibilities
- Borrowing libraries should submit requests on ALA interlibrary loan forms or library letterhead via the U. S. Postal Service. We do not accept requests via the OCLC system, the Internet, by fax or email. Address requests to:
1500 R Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
- Requests for newspapers may cover one title (or one city, if a title is not known) and a range of dates. If the dates requested are on more reels than the fee will cover, the first reel will be sent.
- A return-mailing label must be included with your order.
- Materials may be renewed for two additional weeks by telephone at (402) 471-4751, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Renewals will be granted only if requested before the original due date.
- Four weeks from the shipping date.
- Payment must be included with requests!
- 4 reels per patron
Response Time To A Request
- Under normal circumstances, ILL requests will be processed and shipped within 10 working days after receipt.
- New shipments will not be sent until all current orders are returned.
Packing And Shipping For Returns
- Pack film securely in a box to avoid damage during shipping. Do not use padded envelopes.