Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4199.AM:  Holy Trinity Episcopal Church (Lincoln, Neb.)



Records:  1869-1985

Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.:  Episcopal church

Size:  16 volumes on 2 reels of microfilm



HISTORICAL NOTE



The Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Lincoln, Nebraska, was organized in 1869 with no permanent facility available for worship services. The first church building, located at 12th and J Streets, was erected in 1871 at a cost of $4,000.00. By the late 1880s, however, the congregation had outgrown the small church and erected a new $40,000 building nearby. The first service held in the new facility was on December 1, 1889. Over the years, the building underwent various modifications to accommodate the changing needs of the congregation and was eventually destroyed by fire on January 10, 1957. After much deliberation, the decision was made not to restore the old facility, but to rebuild and relocate the church at 60th and A Streets. The new church was dedicated on May 23, 1960.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection of the records of the Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Lincoln, Nebraska, consists of sixteen volumes arranged in one series: 1) Church Records, 1869-1895, on 2 reels of microfilm. These volumes contain records of membership, marriages, baptisms, burials, communions, confirmations, annual reports and meetings. A brief church history, as well as incorporation information, is included in the first volume, “General index and Parish Register, 1869-1875.” All volumes are numbered as they appear in the “General Index of Church Records” at the beginning of Reel 1.



These records were filmed by the Church, and the negative donated through the courtesy of Rector Steven Mues in February 1985. Additional copies of the entire reel of film can be made only after obtaining donor permission.



Note:  Additional church directories, brochures, etc. were added to the collection after microfilming was completed. These items are not available through interlibrary loan.



DESCRIPTION



Series 1 – Church Records, 1869-1985



Reel 1

Volume




  1. General Index and Parish Register, 1869-1875 (includes church history, etc.)




  1. Parish Register, 1883-1899

  2. Church Register, 1899-1917

  3. Parish Register, 1917-1938

  4. Parish Register, 1939-1962

  5. Register – Annual Meetings, 1900-1907

  6. Black File – Annual Meetings, 1931-1942




  1. Marriage Register, 1917-1950



Reel 2

Volume




  1. Register, 1950-1985

  2. Register, 1950-1985

  3. Register, 1950-1985

  4. Register, 1950-1985

  5. Register, 1950-1985

  6. Register, 1950-1985

  7. Register, 1950-1985

  8. Register, 1950-1985



Folder (not available through interlibrary loan)




  1. Brochures, pamphlets, and directories produced by the church, 1927-1965 (Transferred from the Library, December 7, 1989)



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Episcopal Church in Nebraska

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church (Lincoln, Neb.)

Lancaster County (Neb.) — Churches

Lincoln (Neb.) — Churches



 



Revised 05-18-2009   TMM