Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4212.AM:  Friedens Lutheran Church (Lincoln, Neb.)



Records:  1907-1985

Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.:  Lutheran church

Size:  1 reel of microfilm



HISTORICAL NOTE



The Friedens Lutheran Church of Lincoln, Nebraska, formerly known as the German Evangelical Lutheran Friedens Church, was organized on February 15, 1907 by Rev. E. Pfeiffer and Luther P. Ludden. The church building, located at 6th and D Streets, was constructed at a cost of $17,000 and dedicated on December 1, 1907. Despite various modifications over the years, the facility retains its distinctive architectural character and continues to serve the needs of this congregation strongly affiliated with Germans from Russia.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection of the records of the Friedens Lutheran Church, Lincoln, Nebraska, consists of four volumes on one reel of microfilm. These volumes contain records of membership, baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, and burials with the church from its organization in 1907 to 1985. A brief narrative of the Church’s history, written in German, is included in the latter portion of the second volume, “Register, 1907-1947.”



These records were loaned for microfilming by the Friedens Lutheran Church in May of 1985.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Membership, 1907-1974

  2. Register, 1907-1947

  3. Parish Register, 1948-1979 (includes membership rolls)

  4. Parish Register, 1980-1985 (includes membership rolls)



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Friedens Lutheran Church (Lincoln, Neb.)

German Evangelical Lutheran Church in Nebraska

Germans in Nebraska

Germans from Russia in Nebraska

Lancaster County (Neb.) — Churches

Lincoln (Neb.) — Churches

Lutheran Church in Nebraska



 



Revised 05-29-2009   TMM