Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG3057.AM:  Fox and Glover’s Store (Louisville, Neb.)



Records:  1881-1885

Louisville, Cass County, Neb.:  General store

Size:  1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm



BACKGROUND NOTE



In 1872 A.B. Fox opened the second general merchandising store in Louisville, Nebraska. The name was changed to the Fox and Glover’s Store when John V. Glover became a partner in the firm. In 1878 a fire damaged most of the contents in the store, and a new building was constructed on the old site. In 1881 Fox sold his share of the business to Glover, who continued the operation until he sold his stock to Frank Stander. In 1883 Glover opened another store in Louisville. He continued to operate this store until 1890 when he sold his business.



Among the other activities of these two men was the establishment of the first newspaper in Louisville. Fox and Glover were also on the Board of Directors of the Louisville Stoneware Manufacturing Company where Glover was secretary and Fox was treasurer.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one reel of microfilm containing one ledger from the Fox and Glover’s Store relating to transactions carried on from 1881-1885. There is an index of creditors in the front of the ledger followed by the business accounts.



Note:  This collection is on microfilm only. The Nebraska State Historical Society does not hold the original records.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Account Ledger, 1881-1885



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Cass County (Neb.) — Businesses

Fox and Glover’s Store (Louisville, Neb.)

Louisville (Neb.) — Businesses



 



Revised 08-27-2007   TMM