HISTORY NEBRASKA MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG6175.AM: First United Methodist Church (Nebraska City, Neb.)
Petition: November 19, 1888
Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska
Size: One item
The First Methodist Episcopal Church at Nebraska City was dedicated in November of 1856. Rev. W.D. Gage served as the first pastor of the church. Due to a growing congregation, the church was enlarged in 1878. The congregation remodeled and redecorated the church in 1940. In later years, the name of the church changed to First United Methodist Church.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of one item, a petition by members of the official board of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Nebraska City, dated November 19, 1888. The petition asks the city council to light the gas street lamp near the church on 1st Avenue in the evening for their church services.
First United Methodist Church (Nebraska City, Neb.)
Gas street lamps — Nebraska — Nebraska City
Methodist Episcopal Church (Nebraska City, Neb.)
Nebraska City (Neb.) — History
Street lighting — Nebraska — Nebraska City