Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4166.AM:  First Lutheran Church (Syracuse, Neb.)



Records:  1880-1971

Syracuse, Otoe County, Neb.:  Lutheran church

Size:  1 reel of microfilm



HISTORICAL NOTE



This congregation, organized in October of 1880, held services in a schoolhouse about five miles northwest of Syracuse in Otoe County, Nebraska, until its church building was completed a year later, located on Poplar between Third and Fourth Streets. In the early 1890s a parsonage was acquired, and in 1898 a schoolroom was added to the church. The first pastor was the Rev. C. Naumann. Services were conducted in the German language until the mid-1930s. In 1972 the congregation was disbanded, and the building became the Otoe County Museum of Memories.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection of the First Lutheran Church of Syracuse, Nebraska, consists of four volumes on one reel of microfilm arranged in one series: 1) Records, 1880-1971. The records contain registers of baptisms, marriages, funerals, and confirmations, as well as minutes of meetings. They were written in the German language until the mid-1930s. The original records are in the office of the Nebraska Synod, Lutheran Church in America located in Omaha.



DESCRIPTION



Series 1 – Records, 1880-1971



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Register of Baptisms, 1880-1903

  2. Register of Marriages, 1880-1903

  3. Register of Funerals and of Confirmations; Minutes of Meetings, 1880-1903

  4. Register, 1904-1971



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



First Lutheran Church (Syracuse, Neb.)

German Evangelical Lutheran Church in Nebraska

Lutheran Church in Nebraska

Otoe County (Neb.) — Churches

Syracuse (Neb.) — Churches



 



Revised 06-12-2009   TMM