NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG3074.AM: First Congregational United Church of Christ (Naponee, Neb.)
Naponee, Franklin County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 3 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm
The First Congregational Church of Naponee, Nebraska was organized on May 15, 1881 by Reverend W.S. Hampon of Cambridge, Nebraska. The first pastor, William Marshall of Alma, Nebraska was chosen in 1882. Not until early 1887 was the first church edifice completed and on July 10, 1887 dedication ceremonies were held. The name of the church was changed in 1961 to the First Congregational United Church of Christ, Naponee, Nebraska.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of records of the First Congregational United Church of Christ of Naponee, Nebraska. These records, church registers dating from 1881-1971, contain lists of pastors, deacons, trustees, members, transfers, communications, baptisms, marriages, deaths, and church minutes and relate to church activities. These records were loaned for microfilming in October of 1971.
Congregational Church in Nebraska
First Congregational United Church of Christ (Naponee, Neb.)
Franklin County (Neb.) — Churches
Naponee (Neb.) — Churches
United Church of Christ in Nebraska
Revised 09-30-2008 TMM