Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4061.AM:  First Christian Church (Lincoln, Neb.)



Records:  1900-1981

Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.:  Christian church

Size:  2 reels of microfilm



HISTORICAL NOTE



The First Christian Church of Lincoln was organized under that name in January of 1869. The first site belonging to the church was at the northwest corner of 10th and K Streets. In 1926 the church bought its present site at 430 S. 16th Street and erected a building. In 1942 a constitution was adopted under which the congregation was affiliated with the Disciples of Christ.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection of the records of the First Christian Church of Lincoln, Nebraska, consists of a card file on two reels of 16mm microfilm. These files date from 1900-1981 and are arranged in alphabetical order by surname for categories of members: participative; deceased; non-participative; and non-resident and church relations unknown.



The original records were loaned for microfilming in August of 1981.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1



Participative, A-Z

Deceased, A-Z

Non-Participative, A-Z

Non-Resident Membership and Church Relations Unknown, A-V



Reel 2



Non-Resident Membership and Church Relations Unknown, W-Z

Membership Transfers, A-Z



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Disciples of Christ in Nebraska

First Christian Church (Lincoln, Neb.)

Lancaster County (Neb.) — Churches

Lincoln (Neb.) — Churches



 



Revised 05-29-2009   TMM