Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG4136.AM:  Farmers’ Wives Club (Wausa, Neb.)



Records:  1933-1973

Wausa, Knox County, Neb.:  Women’s social club

Size:  0.25 cu.ft.; 1 box



BACKGROUND NOTE



The Farmers’ Wives Club of Wausa, Nebraska was organized on July 20, 1933. It was known first as the “101 Club,” as membership was limited to those on the 101 telephone line. In September of 1942, the organization changed its name to the Victory Club, a name it retained until the end of the war when it became the Farmers’ Wives Club. The club was a social organization comprised of approximately twelve members. It engaged in a variety of charitable projects for hospitals, the Red Cross, and other organizations. The Farmers’ Wives Club of Wausa disbanded at its final meeting on April 26, 1973.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of one box of manuscript material including minutes dating from 1933-1973 and reunion notes dating between 1948-1968. The collection relates to the activities of the Farmers’ Wives Club of Wausa, Nebraska. The minutes provide a complete record of the activities of the Farmers’ Wives Club of Wausa during its forty-year existence, 1933-1973. The monthly meeting entries provide information on membership and attendance, the bylaws of the organization, activities, and the financial condition of the club. The reunion notes provide brief histories of the club as written during the club’s 15th (1948), 25th (1958), and 35th (1968) anniversaries.



Note: See the photo component [RG4136.PH] for group photos of the club.



DESCRIPTION



Box 1

Folder




  1. Minutes, 1933-1937

  2. Minutes, 1937-1947

  3. Minutes, 1947-1957

  4. Minutes, 1957-1961

  5. Minutes, 1962-1973

  6. Reunion notes from 15th (1948), 25th (1958), and 35th (1968) anniversaries



 



ADDED ENTRIES



Farmers’ Wives Club (Wausa, Neb.)

Knox County (Neb.) — History

Wausa (Neb.) — History

Women in Nebraska

Women’s clubs



 



Revised 01-16-2008   TMM