NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG2634.AM: Coryell Family
Brock, Nemaha County, Neb.:
Size: 1 box; 0.5 cu.ft.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The Coryell family has been a part of Nebraska history since Richard Coryell homesteaded near Brock, Nebraska, at the present site of Coryell Park. This collection contains several manuscripts which trace the family history back to its Dutch and French Huguenot origins. The materials include research in the Van Vorst-Van Voorst, Coriell-Coryell and Covert lines. Notes and corrections have been added to some of the typewritten drafts. Two pamphlets pertaining to Coryell Park complete the Coryell Family collection.
Series 1 – Genealogy
- Covert genealogy; typewritten manuscript, 33 p., references, 2 copies
Van Vorst genealogy; typewritten manuscript, 43 p., references, 2 copies
- “Van Voorst-Coriell,” [Dutch ancestors of the Coryell family], typewritten, 3 p., 2 copies
- “Coriell-Coryell; Coryell ancestry of Levi L. Coryell, Senior, and Levi Leland Coryell, Junior. Compiled by Philomene Jenkins (Mrs. C.H.), Lincoln, Nebraska, 1942.” typewritten, 109 p., references, folded chart, 2 copies
- Earlier draft of the above manuscript with corrections and notes
Series 2 – Pamphlets
- “The Coryell Park, given to the public by Mr. and Mrs. L.L. Coryell, Sr., Mr. and Mrs. Coryell, Jr., and little Lorraine, April, 1934,” 27 p., illustrated; another edition of the pamphlet contains more illustrations and is 40 p. in length.
Coryell Park (Brock, Neb.)
Nemaha County (Neb.) — History
Van Voorst family
Van Vorst family
L. Willmore/js 09-08-1964
Encoded TMM 03-16-2010