NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID
RG2770.AM: Clark Edwin Mickey, 1883-1948
Contracts and maps: 1915-1935
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.: Professor of Engineering
Size: 0.2 cu.ft.
Born on March 9, 1883, in Pennsylvania, Clark Edwin Mickey came to Nebraska in 1897. He graduated from the University of Nebraska in 1908 with bachelors degrees in both mechanical and civil engineering. After graduating he started at the University as an instructor in the department of Applied Mechanics, where he remained until 1920. From 1920 until his retirement in 1947, Mickey served as a professor in Civil Engineering.
During this time he was also active as a consulting engineer. From 1919-1928 he was the consulting and testing engineer for the State Highway Department. He also served as a consulting engineer for the Nebraska State Capitol Commission from 1920-1922. His professional affiliations included membership in Sigma Tau, Sigma Xi, the American Society for Testing Materials, and the American Society of Civil Engineers. Clark E. Mickey died in Lincoln, Nebraska, on January 14, 1948.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The material in this collection relates to C.E. Mickey’s career as an engineer, particularly to his services for the Nebraska State Capitol Commission. The collection is arranged in two series: 1) Contracts, 1915-1935 and 2) Contour maps of the state capitol site, c.1920-1922. Although the maps are undated, they were probably drawn during Mickey’s employment as consulting engineer to the Nebraska State Capitol Commission, 1920-1922. Included in the first series is a copy of Bertram Goodhue’s contract with the Nebraska State Capitol Commission, 1920.
Series 1 – Contracts, 1915-1935
- Village of Dundee and E.M. Rohrbough, 1915
- Board of Commissioners of Beatrice and C.E. Mickey, 1919
- Copy of Bertram Goodhue contract with Nebraska State Capitol Commission, 1920
- Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District and Clark E. Mickey, 1933
- Imperial Valley Public Power and Irrigation District and Clark E. Mickey, 1935
Series 2 – Contour maps of the state capitol site, c. 1920-1922 (oversize)
- Surface elevations, by S.W. Saunders, c. 1920-1922
- Sandstone surface elevations, by S.W. Saunders, c. 1920-1922
- Gravel surface elevations, by S.W. Saunders, c. 1920-1922
Capitols — Nebraska
Engineering — Nebraska
Engineers — Nebraska
Mickey, Clark Edwin, 1883-1948
Nebraska — Capitol and capital
Nebraska. State Capitol Commission
Revised TMM 11-02-2010