Select Page

NEBRASKA STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MANUSCRIPT FINDING AID



RG3076.AM:  Christian Church (Exeter, Neb.)



Records:  1885-1957

Exeter, Fillmore County, Neb.:  

Size:  4 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm



BACKGROUND NOTE



The Christian Church of Exeter, Nebraska, was organized in July of 1885, by W.N. Pardee of Geneva, Nebraska. Beginning with a small membership, the congregation soon purchased two lots and erected a building at a cost of $1,400. The Church building was dedicated on October 17, 1886. Regular services were held from this time until July 1, 1956, when the Church was disbanded and the buildings were sold.



SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE



This collection consists of four volumes of Church records on one reel microfilm, relating to the activities of the Christian Church of Exeter, Nebraska, 1885-1957. Included are registers of membership, ministers and church officers, baptisms, marriages and deaths. Also included are minutes of the Church Board, and minutes of the annual meetings. These records were loaned for microfilming in March of 1969.



DESCRIPTION



Reel 1

Volume




  1. Register of Members, 1885-1905

    Minutes of Board Meetings and Annual Meetings, 1894-1906

  2. Register of Members, 1905-1926

    Register of Ministers, 1908-1927

    Register of Officers, 1910-1927

    Register of Baptisms, 1911-1927

    Register of Deaths, 1910-1927

    Register of Marriages, 1911-1927

    Minutes of Board Meetings, and Annual Meetings, 1918-1927

  3. Register of Members, 1911-1952

    Register of Officers, 1910-1954

    Register of Ministers, 1908-1956

    Register of Deaths, 1927-1957

    Minutes of Board Meetings, and Annual Meetings, 1927-1957

  4. Sunday School Financial Report, 1948-1956

    Church History



 



ADDED ENTRIES:



Christian Church (Exeter, Neb.)

Disciples of Christ — Nebraska

Exeter (Neb.) — Churches

Fillmore County (Neb.) — Churches



 



Revised 09-27-2008   TMM